TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - If I couldn't resolve it any other way, I'd attach
People Seeking Info

Subject If I couldn't resolve it any other way, I'd attach

Posted by Zuberman on July 29, 2015 at 4:24 AM
  This message has been viewed 196 times.

In Reply To I suppose that could work posted by schuss on July 28, 2015 at 09:42 AM

Message female-connectors to the wires on the cable for each male-pin in the alternator connector, but before I actually attached the female-connetors, I'd slide the wires through a plastic cap of some sort, hollow side towards the end of the wires. This is why I NEVER throw anything away. I have two trays in my parts cabinet full of plastic caps from various things over the years such as battery posts, thread-protectors, etc, etc. Use that bolt-head right next to the alternator connector to anchor a cable-clamp and clamp the cable there to keep it sturdy and in place so the connections won't wiggle and come loose. After I got the cable-females attached to the male-pins in the alternator connector and slid the plastic cap down over them inside the alternator connector, I would fill the alternator connector with flexible urethane sealant. The plastic cap keeps the connections free from the sealant so you can remove the cable in the future without a mess to deal with directly on the connections. And be sure the sealant surface is really clean so it will adhere.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.